Everyone asks us this question, in some way or another. After all, what’s the point in having a website if people can’t find it? if your page isn’t on the first page, your business will have issues. The answer is: there is no secret, there are only good practices. We pride ourselves in including these practices as habit to rank in Google. Here are the best practices according to Google for improving your ranking in their search results:
- Provide high quality content on your site. Google tries to find the best answer for our users’ requests; if you write the best material, you’re in the game. Use the Search Analytics report to see which queries lead to your pages, and what the click-through rate is for links to your site.
- Make your site mobile friendly. Many users search on mobile devices; our search results favor pages that we think answer the user’s request best with the best possible user experience on their platform.
- Use informative titles and snippets. Good, clear titles and accurate meta tag descriptions help us understand the purpose of a page and generate useful snippets in our search results. Learn more.
- Add structured data to enable additional search result features such as stars, event information, or site search boxes, which add to the user experience, making your site more valuable to readers. Read more about structured data or use Google’s tools.
- Make sure that you follow our guidelines for good sites and avoid pitfalls that could affect your search ratings.
We hope this helps! If you have questions, please contact us.
With our services, you will get built in SEO where our goal is to get your page to rank on the first page, it might not be number one, but we will do all we can to get you within the top 10 – and that’s more than many other web development companies do.